Los Angeles County Construction Dispute Attorneys
When you need legal counsel, nothing matters more than experience. You want a lawyer who knows and understands the law, who has successfully handled the types of legal problems you face.
At the law office of Gotfredson & Associates, APC, we bring nearly 40 years of practice experience to people in Southern California. Many of our clients are other attorneys who have complex legal issues to resolve and know of our reputation for thorough and effective counsel. Though we are a small boutique firm with highly competitive fees and the ability to offer extra client attention, we also have the resources you would expect only from a large law practice, including strong legal research and writing services.
An Overview Of Our Practice
We focus our practice on matters involving:
- Litigation: The firm’s emphasis is on business and real estate litigation, and most types of matters ancillary to business disputes (insurance, complex business litigation, insurance bad faith, corporate governance, land use, construction defect, debt collection, lender liability, etc.). Much of our practice is conducted in coordination with in-house counsel and attorneys, and so we are committed to appropriate management of time and budget. We thus handle complex litigation as well as smaller cases and have learned to take care that clients are intelligently informed and supported, and as unintimidated by the process as is possible.
- Dispute resolution: Though we have the skill and experience to protect your interests in court, we always look for ways to resolve your disputes through alternative means so you can avoid the time and expense of litigation. We therefore work hard to find ways to settle and resolve client’s disputes with the minimum time and expense, understanding that this often requires that adverse parties be made appropriately aware of the risks and difficulties that can be brought to bear.
- Business law concerns: We represent businesses and business owners in issues related to the establishment and operation of their business enterprise, from routine matters to major transactions, to crises. We advise clients regarding construction matters, debtor/creditor controversies, corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and syndications.
- Real estate and construction law concerns: We handle the full range of matters relating to real estate, from the negotiation of simple leases to closings on complex commercial property transactions. We have substantial experience advising clients regarding the purchase, sale or lease of non regulated properties as well as those regulated by the Department of Housing and Urban Development and associated debt instruments. We also have extensive experience with construction disputes representing both owners and contactors.
- Nonroutine legal matters: Not infrequently a business crisis generates a variety of complications and dangers not easily categorized. The firm’s research resources and wide-ranging life experience allows us to handle unusual and uniquely problematic legal issues outside the compass of other firms’ practices.
We also provide counsel in construction matters, as well as debtor/creditor disputes, particularly Chapter 11 proceedings.
Contact Our Office
If you have any questions or need any additional information about Gotfredson & Associates, APC, please contact us online or call our office at 310-478-0808.